Question for the Americans about shipping difficulties - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Question for the Americans about shipping difficulties

I’d love to hear some insights from all of the Americans in this sub (which I expect are the vast majority) about how you manage to purchase and ship your wines within the USA.

I’m a Brit and have the relative ease of shipping wine from anywhere in Europe or even the world; and just having to accept some customs fees and potentially some longer lead times. I’ve seen different discussions about shipping wines between states; buying direct from producers vs wine importers vs wine retailers; and it just seems like a total nightmare.

Is this just down to arcane state by state legislation and the reluctance to have federal level rules; or is there something I’m missing as a European?






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments