Spending time in Lyon (and Beaujolais) 19-22 November - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Spending time in Lyon (and Beaujolais) 19-22 November

Hi folks, another travel advice post here.

I'm looking to book a few days in Lyon between 19-22 November and I'm looking for advice on things not to miss out on during the Nouveau festivities.

I drove down to Beaune a few years ago, met some fantastic people and just loved spending what short time I had there (bumped into Geddy Lee of all people!), but this time I'm mainly looking for spectacles and picturesque sceneries to document as I have more than a fleeting interest in photography, as well as art, architecture and overall cinematic atmosphere. Harvest festivals, small community/farm parties or what have you.

I LOVE Moulin-a-vent and Morgon bojo, especially Jean Foillard that's been sitting for a few years, so a visit to them might be in order. Pretty open to anything besides that.

I'm travelling solo. It was between this and Venice during those dates, but the wine nerd in me convinced me to go with Bojo.

Not opposed to joining a meetup if that's something that /r/wine tend to organize. Cheers!






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments