Looking for a resource that breaks down old world wine regions by grape? - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Looking for a resource that breaks down old world wine regions by grape?

Hi there, I'm a newbie so please go easy on me....i have some friends that are into wine and we are doing a zoom wine tasting soon as we are all in isolation. I want to begin my wine journey but i was hoping to find a resource that breaks down European wine regions by grape varieties found in that region so i can create my own info tree. (i'm of the understanding that new world wines have the grape varietal on the bottle), at the moment i still muddle regions and grape varieties and would like to begin my working document so i can have somewhere to refer to.

Thanks in advance :)






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments