Alternatives to Foil on Wine Bottles - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Alternatives to Foil on Wine Bottles

Part of my job has me filtering wines through 0.45nm filter pads and through this I've observed quite a bit of foil sliver pick up. I don't know for sure, but if that is any anecdotal indication, then I can only assume that we ingest some of those foil particulates as we enjoy our wines. And without getting too deep into that, what are some foil alternatives either out on the market or not that might be able to do what foil does while still using a cork closure?






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments